We've scrubbed our bodies, we've softened our lips, so it's time to give our mugs a little attention!
January's Mask of the Month was inspired by my oldest daughter, who always answers my question of "What would you like for dinner?" with "California Rolls." She would eat them until they came out of her ears.
So, I got to thinking, that everything in a california roll is lovely for dry skin:
- Avocado, with it's wonderful oil, is moisturizing.
- Cucumber is hydrating.
- Rice softens skin.
- Seaweed soothes, nourishes and moisturizes.
- Crab - oh, dear - I'm not going to have you put crab on your face!
Taking the basic roll, with the addition of some sesame oil (a super oil for dryness) and sake (great for dry skin and it also evens out skin tone when used over time - yippee!), this is what I whipped up...
The California Roll
2 Tablespoons leftover rice (white or brown)
1-2 Tablespoons sake
A chunk of cucumber
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons kelp powder (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food precessor until very smooth.
- Apply mask to freshly cleansed skin. For hydrating cleanser and exfoliant suggestions geared to your skin type, please revisit the product suggestions on the post from Day 1.
- Leave mask on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and follow with your favorite toner, serum and/or protective moisturizer.
And that, peeps, is how we roll...
I hope you have enjoyed this week of tips, ideas and recipes! I've enjoyed sharing with you and hope that you are on the road to softer skin!
I'm planning on more Workshop Weeks in the future and would love to hear your feedback and thoughts on how you liked this first one.
Are there any topics you would like to see covered in a future workshop?
Love to you all today and have a beautifully soft weekend!