I Tried It: A. Vogel Milk Thistle Complex, Molkosan Vitality & Golden Rod & Knotgrass Tea Blend

This past Monday marked the end of my A. Vogel Fourteen Day Detox and, I've got to say, it was just what I needed! By re-incorporating loads of healthy foods, plenty of fluids and exercise, my body feels back in balance after the indulgent holiday. My energy is back to normal levels. My skin and eyes are clear. And I don't feel like a big, gooey, bloated blob anymore.

What I loved most about the plan was that it was healthy, nourishing and realistic. I am not an advocate of radical "cleanses." I feel that those types of regimens focus on unrealistically depriving the body, while also upsetting it to various degrees. My thought is that the body does not need to be "cleansed" - it needs to be supported in its functions through nourishing foods, clean living and herbal allies.


To assist me with my detox, the kind folks at A. Vogel provided me with 3 supporting herbal products - Milk Thistle Complex, Molkosan® Vitality & Golden Rod & Knotgrass Cleansing Herb Tea Blend

Allow me to share my experiences with these products with you!

Milk Thistle Complex


Milk thistle has always been one of my plant besties, so I was really excited to try this blend of artichoke, milk thistle, dandelion, boldo and peppermint. This blend is supportive of the liver, which - ahem - I kinda needed after the holidays.

I LOVE this tincture! I have an affinity for bitter plants, so this was right up my alley. It has a wonderful bitter taste with a hint of mint on the back end. I replaced my usual bitters with this blend during the two weeks and was very pleased. While I took the Milk Thistle Complex in a bit of water as recommended, I also snuck a few drops daily - straight up - every once in awhile to savor the bitter flavor (not exceeding the recommended daily dosage of drops, of course). In fact I'm sneaking a drop right now. 

Skin eruptions are directly related to liver function (along with other factors, of course), so this was a wonderful ally to help clear up that holiday breakout.

Molkosan® Vitality


This was, by far, the most intriguing and unique product of the three. Molkosan® Vitality is a prebiotic powdered drink made from fresh, organic whey that has been fermented with a specially selected lactobacillus and also includes soluble fiber to help maintain healthy bowel function and to benefit digestion. 

The powder is mixed with a bit of water and taken about 20 minutes prior to eating. It has a very "lively" and tangy orange flavor that is best taken mixed with a bit of juice. It is also lactose, gluten and calorie free and vegetarian, so it can fit into several different dietary lifestyles.

Let's face it. Healthy Poops = Healthy Body & Skin. This product surely gets the digestion moving on its merry way, and helped me feel light as a feather - and with a flatter tummy - after just a few days. 

Golden Rod & Knotgrass Cleansing Herb Tea Blend


The Golden Rod & Knotgrass Tea was my best buddy during the detox. Given the cold temps we've had the past few weeks, a warm cup of this tea was a welcome escape that I enjoyed daily. And golden rod is one of my energetic plant allies, so I felt very comforted by this tea.

This tea contains golden rod, birch leaves, knotgrass, horsetail and wild pansy - a blend supportive of cleansing your system from the inside. This tea is described as "A gentle blend of five herbs, known for their positive effect in kidney and bladder function, will relieve fluid retention and contribute to an overall cleansing of the system, without strong detoxification reactions."

It has a beautiful color and a very mild, soothing, slightly sweet taste that feels like a nice cozy blankie.

Overall, I am so glad that I completed the detox plan. It was extra fun completing in in tandem virtually with others, including my lovely contact at A. Vogel, Annemarie.

Sometimes we just need a little kick in the pants to get back on track. :)

Disclosure: The above products were provided to me by A. Vogel for the purposes of testing and reviewing. All opinions in this post are my own personal experiences and I received no monetary compensation.












No comments:

Post a Comment